Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Miley Cyrus: Right or Wrong?

Everyone is talking about it, so I figure I might as well too.

Miley Cyrus.

Photo Credit: http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/26/
roundup-miley-cyrus-wins-the-mtv-
vmas-college-football-begins-this-week
-summers-nearly-over/
Here are my top five reasons why her performance of "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke isn't really that big of a deal.

1.)  She is an entertainer and for years has attempted to shock the public, especially while on T.V. So nothing new there. You gotta give her credit for trying, because for now it's working.

2.) If men can be on stage with half naked women and Lady Gaga can show her entire rear at the same show without and repercussions, then no one can really be mad about Miley's outfit and dance moves.

3.) The overall performance was terrible, and not because of the way Miley acted. Neither her or Robin Thicke sounded good, nothing looked smooth, and as a whole it seemed like a giant effort to shock everyone, thus leaving people unimpressed.

4.) I had a couple people texting me that saw the performance before I did, saying "OMG wait till you see Miley's performance." Of course I saw it, and just really wasn't that shocked. She's put so much effort and time into being this crazy person and I just don't know if it's really working for her, or if it will last.

5.) Publicity. Whatever keeps people talking about celebrities keeps those celebrities making money. So the more we talk about her, the more money she makes. Yes, it sounds crazy...but if I had a dollar for every time I said that. Whether good or bad, talk is talk.

In the end, I just think that what Miley is trying to do, and everyone trying to help her do it, isn't going to last forever. She's either going to go bonkers (I would if I had giant teddy bears following me around everywhere), or she's going to change her entire look again, and again...and again. So if I were you, and you were bothered by what you saw at the VMA's, you might as well get over it, because it's not the last you're going to see of her, unless you turn off your T.V.


No comments:

Post a Comment