Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tesla Update: The Test Drive

If you actually take the time to read my blog (thank you if you do), you know I recently raved over newest addition to the Tesla family, the Model S. Although I don't have the money (anywhere between 70-130 grand), I couldn't help myself and decided to test drive one. 

Oh. My. God.

Inside the Tesla Model S
Not only is it a beautiful car with great incentives, it's own charging station, and a recyclable battery, but it's a great drive.

I'm in love.

For starters, there is no gear shift, so as you accelerate it's smooth...like a roller coaster, but not as fast. But don't get me wrong, the car has a lot of power, it goes 0 to 60 in 5.9 - 4.2 seconds depending on what battery you get. 

Can your hybrid do that? No. What about your Hummer?

Please.

Simply put, this car is luxury. The back seats are comfortable and roomy, the interior is simple, there is even space in the front seat to put your In-N-Out in a box. Another feature in the front is the center console where all your controls are. It's a super responsive, easy-to-use touch screen that includes full internet browsing, bluetooth, and voice control. 

Need I say more? 

Okay, I'll give you one complaint I have heard about the cars. I've heard that the mileage per charge isn't as high as they advertise. But let's be honest, that applies to every car because weather conditions aren't always perfect and people speed among other things. 

But what I do know, is that by 2015, SuperCharge stations will be nearly everywhere and Tesla will also be preparing to come out with a less expensive version of the groundbreaking technology. 

Overall, I had a great first experience with Tesla from making the appointment to getting out of the car after the test drive. The employees were knowledgable, friendly, and provided great customer service. The car speaks for itself.

My advice, even if you don't think you will ever buy a Tesla, just go drive one. At the very least it will be a conversation starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment