Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Let the Misadventures Begin....

Still considered a recent college graduate with a degree in New Media Communications, I've set out to make my mark on the real world, a place I've realized I know nothing about. And so begins the journey, er, misadventures.

It's easy for parents to say, "go back to school," or "just keep plugging away and the right thing will happen for you if you welcome it."

Yeah, because they have been through it all. They've had their first job, been 23 with little money, had their hearts broken, etc. You think they don't understand what it's like to be living your life, but they do. That's why they laugh.

But that doesn't mean that your recent introduction into the real world doesn't suck. You made it through college, you graduated, and life began, but when do the fun dinners with friends and expensive wine appear?

I took the bold approach to post-grad — moved hundreds of miles away, found a place in Los Angeles where I knew no one, and took an unpaid internship to "fulfill my dream of becoming a film producer."

Photo courtesy Google Images
Film wasn't what I expected at all, and a year and a half later, here's where I stood:
  • Living in a big city 
  • No boyfriend
  • Working as an assistant in music management

To some, that's a great combination. For me, the living in Los Angeles is great, the boyfriend will come eventually, but music is not my ideal job. I'm a sports girl.

After three months in my shiny brand new grown-up life, interning in film, there was one thing I found out about myself: I missed sports, a lot.

College football Saturdays, NFL Sundays, and NBA winters, that's what this blonde is made of.

Since I moved to the city of sunshine I've worked in film, sports retail, PR (for three days), and now music management. It's a crazy way to go about the beginning of adulthood, but your 20's are unpredictable, which I've come to realize over the past four years. 

Like I said, just when you think you know something, you realize you know nothing at all.

That's why I came to the conclusion that I must find a way back into my beloved world of sports, and to continue convincing myself that moving away was the right thing to do. After all, who would want to move all the way to Hollywoodland only to return to the cow town they went to college in? Not this broad.

But while I figure all of this out, there is still a life to be living, misadventures to be had, and stories to write. My life is weird, I'm warning you, but it's also strangely entertaining.

So sit back, relax, and let me take you through the past, present and look into what could be the future.

-- M. Blonde

Photo courtesy Pinterest
















No comments:

Post a Comment